EUGENE, Ore. -- Two suspects stole a truck and led police on a chase near the 500 block of River Road in Eugene early Monday morning, Lane County deputies said.
Reese Feuerstein, 42, and Kenneth Russell, 30, face a number of charges, including reckless driving, eluding police, resisting arrest and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
Around 2:30 a.m. deputies spotted a stolen truck on River Road near Bauer Lane. Investigators said the men crashed the truck into a fence near the Willamette River, got out of the vehicle and hid in the water.
A K-9 Unit was called in, and the two men were found and arrested.
Eugene police said a backpack that was left behind in the truck after the car chase had explosives in it, and investigators inspected the backpack to make sure the area was safe.
There were no injuries.
Both suspects will face a judge Tuesday afternoon where they will find out what they are charged with, Lane County Jail officials said.
- Car chase ends in river; backpack prompts explosion concern
- Suspected cougar sighting in Oregon prompts concern
- Gun in student's car prompts school lockout
- Wild chase ends in kidnapping arrest
- Icy roads prompt school delays
- Fishermen share concerns about trout in McKenzie River
- Police chase in Central Oregon ends in shooting; 1 hurt
- Springfield house fire prompts warning from firefighters
- Algae blooms prompt advisory for Dorena Reservoir
- Sea lion killings prompt reward offer