EUGENE, Ore. – A car crashed into a utility pole in downtown Eugene early Sunday morning and caused wide-spread power outages in the area.
Eugene Police responded to the single vehicle crash around 3 a.m. A man was driving the car and he hit a pole near the Travelodge hotel on East Broadway.
Throughout the morning, parts of East Broadway, near Pearl Street were closed.
Police say Yixang Sun was arrested for DUII, two counts of criminal mischief and driving while suspended.
Sun was not injured and officials said he was the only person in the car.
EWEB crews restored power on parts of East Broadway around noon on Sunday.
Debbie Dillon, who was staying in the Travelodge hotel at the time of the crash, said her family heard the car crash into the pole and said her daughter ran outside.
She said she's happy no one got hurt.
"This is an accident he probably could've avoided," said Dillon. "So, it's nice to know he's okay. My daughter went out there and another guy was out there and they were asking him and he seemed okay and they just kinda left it at that."
- Power restored in Eugene after car crash causes outages
- Power restored to Eugene retirement facility after three-day outage
- Coburg car crash causes power outage
- Car wreck causes extensive power outages
- Power is restored to Oakridge
- Crews continue to restore power to Eugene, Springfield
- EWEB launches power outage map
- Power restored following high winds Saturday
- Major power outage reported north of Florence
- Power outages reported across Western Oregon