EUGENE, Ore. – The Eugene Masonic Lodge No. 11 hosted the first annual Central Lane Show and Shine car show to raise money for charity.
The group has not decided which charity will receive the money.
Organizer Richard Vaughn said the community turnout was incredible.
"It seems like every last person here has just loved what they've seen,” Vaughn said. “It's something that used to be in Eugene a long time ago and for whatever reason, it doesn't exist as much as it did and they're just happy to have a place close to home where they can come and enjoy themselves.”
Organizers said this is the first time they have done this, but said since the turnout was so great, they are planning to do it annually.
- Car show held as fundraiser in Eugene
- Senior community hosts car show fundraiser for Alzheimer's Association
- Cystic Fibrosis walk held in Eugene Saturday
- Free document shredding event held in Eugene
- Eugene car fires considered arson
- 1st annual Dirty Dash fundraiser held at Prairie Mountain School
- Free car seat safety check held Saturday
- Political fundraiser facing sex abuse charges in Eugene
- Annual Operation: Food Rescue event held in Eugene