PORTLAND, Ore . -- A suspect in a carjacking is dead after an officer-involved shooting Saturday evening in Southeast Portland.
Poilice said it happened near Southeast Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard and Southeast Stark Street.
Preliminary information indicates the shooting occurred when officers responded to the report of a crash involving a stolen vehicle that was taken by force earlier in the day.
The suspect is dead and no officers are injured.
TrMet temporarily suspended Line 6 northbound service on SE Grand between SE Taylor and E Burnside due to the police activity.
The transit authority also confirmed that MAX service to the NE 82nd Ave. stop was temporarily suspended because police are looking there for a person related to the carjacking and OIS incident. Shuttle buses are serving the NE 82nd area from Gateway Transit Center.
- Carjacking suspect dead after officer-involved shooting in Portland
- Officer-involved shooting at Portland International Airport
- Man arrested after two carjackings in Portland
- Man killed in Portland officer-involved shooting identified
- Suspect in Springfield officer-involved shooting identified
- Man dead after officer-involved shooting in Cottage Grove
- Second suspect identified in Eugene officer-involved shooting
- Suspect identified in stabbing, officer-involved shooting in Eugene
- 2 dead in shooting south of Portland, Oregon
- 1 dead after shooting outside Portland strip club