VENETA, Ore. -- More details have come to light after shed caught fire in Veneta on Sunday.
The shed caught fire around 6:15 a.m. According to Lane Fire Authority, it started near the area of a wood stove.
Derrold Burnett, who lives across from where the shed caught fire, said that he initially heard explosions from his home and walked over to where the fire was.
“By the time I got there, the fire department had their hoses deployed,” Burnett said. “After some of the firefighters left and went to the scene, there were further explosions in the barn as they were trying to put the fire out. It’s a dangerous situation for them.”
No injuries resulted from the fire, and it was completely out by 9:40 a.m.