MILWAUKIE, Ore. (Art Edwards, KGW) - A Milwaukie family is devastated after someone broke into their home while they slept and stole all the Christmas gifts from under their tree.
Loren and Stephanie Haynes said their youngest son woke up Saturday morning and found the gifts gone. Loren Haynes believes someone came in through the back door and took the gifts.
The Haynes had saved for months to buy the boys an Xbox and gift cards for clothing. Family members had sent gifts that were also taken.
"I always promised this Christmas would be better this year. I thought I did that. Feels like a failure to me," said Stephanie Haynes.
"The thieves left one gift behind," said Loren Haynes." It was crushed underfoot."
The Haynes filed a report with the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Offic,e but are not sure that will help. Now they’re trying to find a way to salvage this Christmas season.
- Christmas gifts stolen from under tree while family sleeps
- Christmas tree farms open in Eugene
- How to recycle your Christmas tree
- Redmond sues after company cuts Christmas tree
- Boxes from your Christmas gifts could provoke theft
- Local firefighters offer several Christmas tree safety tips
- U.S. Capitol Christmas tree to come from Oregon
- Dry conditions taking a toll on Oregon Christmas trees
- Department of Corrections inmate found sleeping at Roseburg High School