EUGENE, Ore. -- Tree farms across town welcomed the holiday season with Christmas trees.
Many locals went out to pick up their Christmas tree this weekend as they prepare for the big holiday.
KEZI 9 news stopped by the "Johnson Brothers Garden Market" to catch up with shoppers.
"I'm excited to decorating it, because it's always like a party looking through the Christmas ornaments."
Before making a selection, gardeners recommend keeping safety in mind. They said if you choose a living Christmas tree, keep any electrical cords away from the base with water.
Gardeners also recommend installing it away from the fire place.
- Christmas tree farms open in Eugene
- Farms sending 600 Christmas trees to military families in NC
- Eugene Mission hosts Christmas meals
- Drought, tree shortage to blame for Christmas tree price hike
- How to recycle your Christmas tree
- Redmond sues after company cuts Christmas tree
- Oregon's Christmas tree arrives in Washington, D.C.
- Local firefighters offer several Christmas tree safety tips
- Christmas gifts stolen from under tree while family sleeps
- U.S. Capitol Christmas tree to come from Oregon