ROSEBURG, Ore. -- A Roseburg woman has died after a house fire Monday morning and fire crews said a cigarette is to blame.
Fire crews responded to the 700 block of Happy Valley Road at about 6 a.m. They reported seeing heavy black smoke coming from the back of the home.
They said 66-year-old Georgia Fullerton was found dead in the home. Her husband, Jerry Fullerton, and a pet got out okay.
They said the fire was confined to a back room of the home and isn't suspicious.
- Cigarette to blame for fatal Roseburg house fire
- Roseburg house fire started in fireplace
- Roseburg PD investigates fatal hit and run
- House fire in Roseburg leaves $80,000 in damages
- Officials: Candle likely caused house fire in Roseburg
- Authorities: Tossed cigarette caused recent fire near Madras
- Roseburg teen dies in fatal wreck in Dixonville
- Roseburg Fire Department temporarily relocating 2 stations
- Five survive a duplex fire in Roseburg
- Roseburg Fire Station on Harvard relocates temporarily