EUGENE, ORE – The City of Eugene recently purchased 7.3 acres of riverfront property in Santa Clara, with plans to expand the City’s parks.
The land is off River Loop One, just north of the Santa Clara Community Park, which runs along the backchannel of the Willamette River.
The City purchased the land from Cascade Health Solutions in December for $450,000. Funding for the sale came from the 2006 Parks and Open Space bond measure.
"We are so happy to have added some Santa Clara riverfront property to our parks system," said Philip Richardson, Parks and Open Space Landscape Architect. "We’ve been working towards this for a long time, and there is a great need and desire for natural areas and riverfront access in the north. This parcel is a small but important piece of that vision, and we’ll continue to look for possibilities in the area to help build on this recent acquisition."
Throughout the winter, the City has plans to make minor improvements to the land, which include adding signs, boundary marks, and cleaning up debris.
- City of Eugene purchases riverfront parkland in Santa Clara
- Thieves target mailboxes in Santa Clara
- Composting workshops coming up in Santa Clara
- Pedestrian dies in crash in Santa Clara
- Proposed car camp in Santa Clara not happening
- LTD considers adding homeless camp to Santa Clara neighborhood
- City of Eugene hosts downtown riverfront open house
- Designs for Eugene's Riverfront Park revealed
- Web Extra: Oregon St. recaps win over Santa Clara part 1 (12/9/18)
- Web Extra: Oregon St. recaps win over Santa Clara part 2 (12/9/18)