EUGENE, Ore. -- Civic Park is getting vertical with steel and concrete structures already being assembled.
Officials with Eugene Civic Alliance said the first phase, which includes the Kidsports Fieldhouse, artificial turf and state of the art outdoor lighting is nearly fully funded. Right now they're still looking to secure the remaining $5.5 million.
Despite needing that last bit of money Eugene Civic Alliance Co-Executive Director Derek Johnson said they're right on track.
"We're really on track, both with the budget and on timing," Johnson said. "The plan is to have this place up and running and open to the public in April of 2020."
Johnson said they're actually so on track that crews will be installing the artificial turf relatively soon.
Johnson said when the project is complete people can expect to see the facilities packed from open to close every day.
- Civic Park construction remains on schedule
- Civic Alliance breaks ground on Civic Park
- Civic Park groundbreaking set for October
- Civic Park blocks parking access, upsetting residents in Eugene
- Eugene Civic Alliance raising money for Civic Park this holiday season
- Community members break ground on Civic Park Sunday
- Civic Park set to open in spring next year
- Civic Park event introduces new turf field to public
- Construction begins on Riverfront Park
- Civic Alliance reaches half its financial goal