COOS COUNTY, Ore. — A Coast Guard aircrew hoisted an injured man off Bone Mountain Saturday.
Officials said around 4 p.m. the Sector North Bend Command Center received a request for assistance from the Coos County Sheriff's Office dispatch reporting an injured hiker in distress.
Since ground crews were not able to reach the man, officials said the aircrew launched and arrived on the scene about an hour later. Officials said they were able to hoist the man to safety.
The man was treated for exposure and minor injuries.
- Coast Guard assists injured hiker in Coos County
- Coast Guard rescues sailor near Coos Bay
- Coast Guard rescues hiker off cliff
- Injured hiker rescued in Lane County
- Coast Guard searching for missing Oregon fisherman
- Man seriously injured in three-vehicle crash near Coos Bay
- Police investigating Coos County inmate's death
- One person killed in Coos County crash
- Coos County deputies search for burglary suspects
- Body of missing Coos County man found