UPDATE: The Lane County Sheriff's Office says Bruce McKibbin, 69, of Florence was killed when his boat capsized near the Siuslaw River.
Officials said his family has been notified.
The Lane County Medical Examiner's Office will be determining the cause and manner of death.
FLORENCE, Ore. (AP) -- The U.S. Coast Guard says crews pulled an unresponsive person from the Pacific Ocean after a boat capsized near the Siuslaw River.
The Coast Guard says a helicopter crew was flying from North Bend to Newport whey they saw an overturned boat outside the river's north jetty near Florence.
Crews searched the area for additional people who may have been aboard the vessel, but later confirmed only one person was aboard.
The Coast Guard says the person died.
No additional information was immediately available.
- UPDATE: Victim ID'd in Florence boating accident
- UPDATE: Police pursuit ends in Low Pass, suspect ID'd
- Elderly man dies in boating accident
- Friends leave memorial for accident victim
- Florence updating emergency plan amid earthquake fears
- Flames engulf Florence business
- UPDATE: Murder victim identified in Roseburg stabbing
- UPDATE: Two Oregon loggers dead after separate accidents minutes apart
- Police investigating fatal accident
- Armed standoff in Florence ends