MADRID -- Spanish police seized a load of pineapples that were transported from Costa Rica.
Inside the fruits, authorities found about 147 pounds (67 kilos) of cocaine hidden inside cylinders.
The pineapples were emptied and each one was filled with a cylinder coated with wax to insulate the odor of the drug.
As part of the operation, seven people were arrested in Madrid and Barcelona.
- Cocaine-filled pineapples seized in Spain
- Coast Guard seizes 12,000 lbs. of cocaine in international waters
- Mother accused of giving son cocaine
- Oregon man taken into police custody died from meth, cocaine
- Eight horses seized from Lane County property
- 83 horses seized in Deschutes County
- Rescuers hunt for 2-year-old boy who fell into 360-foot well in Spain
- Home Depot looks to fill 180 positions in Eugene
- Oregon law enforcement career fair looks to fill 500 vacancies
- Eugene businesses react as alternate homeless camp fills up