SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- The community is coming together again to remember three children killed while crossing the street in 2015.
A balloon release and candle lighting will take place Thursday in memory of John, McKenzie, and Tyler.
Police said they were killed by a driver who ran a red light. The driver ended up pleading no contest to careless driving.
The memorial is happening at 4 p.m. at 54th and Main. Candles will be lit at 4:51 p.m.
- Community invited to memorial honoring three children killed while crossing street
- Holocaust survivor killed by car while crossing street
- Community honors Myrtle Creek man killed during storm
- Community invited to discuss future of Suzanne Arlie Park
- Red Cross holding blood drives to honor Bend woman
- Memorial ride honors fallen Officer Chris Kilcullen for police week
- UCC plans new memorial to honor shooting victims
- An 88-year-old crossing guard was struck and killed by a speeding car while protecting two children
- New street names honor African-American, Native American legacies
- Roseburg community honors mother & two daughters killed: "Our hearts are broken"