SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- The garage of a condominium caught fire Tuesday afternoon in the Gateway area of Springfield.
Eugene Springfield Fire was called to Driftwood Villa off Gateway Street to find one unit’s garage smothered in smoke. Witnesses say firefighters used a chainsaw to cut through the garage door to put out the flames.
According to fire officials, no one was inside the condominium at the time but a dog was rescued.
The blaze was knocked down in under 10 minutes thanks to the help of 23 firefighters who responded in minutes to the scene. Because of the quick and aggressive response, officials said the fire was contained to that unit’s garage.
There were no injures and the residents will still be able to live in their unit.