EUGENE, Ore. -- A convenience store clerk was attacked near the University of Oregon on Monday night after a man jumped the counter and began fighting, a police spokesperson said.
Police said Keith J. Randel entered the 7-Eleven on Broadway and asked for cigarettes but he didn't have any money. They said he refused to give the cigarettes back so the clerk pulled them out of his hands.
Randel then took a candy bar and ate it, officials said.
The clerk went to escort Randel out of the store when Randel jumped the counter and grabbed the cigarettes, police said. There was a struggle and Randel was pushed out the front door.
Randel, 28, was arrested just a few blocks away near Broadway and Pearl. He was charged with robbery and taken to the Lane County Jail.
On March 7, 2017, officers responded to an armed suspect who fired several shots inside the 7-Eleven and left with money. Police reported at the time that he fired at an officer who was chasing him.
- Convenience store robbery leads to arrest
- Eugene convenience store robbed
- Fire guts Lebanon convenience store
- OSU students enjoying convenience of Uber, Lyft
- Police arrested bank robbery suspect
- Three arrests made in Winston Subway robbery
- Man arrested for armed robbery at Econolodge
- Man arrested after robbery outside Corvallis ATM
- Coos Bay deputies arrest bank robbery suspect
- Suspect arrested in two Friday morning robberies