COOS BAY, Ore. -- Three people were taken to the hospital after a kitchen fire inside a Coos Bay apartment on Saturday.
The Coos Bay Fire Department says the fire broke out at around 2:00 p.m. inside a unit on the seventh floor of the Tioga Hotel.
They said one victim was listed in critical condition and is expected to be flown to Legacy Emmanuel Hospital's Burn Center in Portland. The two others are in stable condition.
Firefighters said the fire was caused by a cooking appliance placed on the range with a burner turned on. The damage to the apartment has been estimated to be around $10,000.
Crews said the apartment did not have any working smoke detectors.