COOS COUNTY, Ore. -- The Coos County Sheriff’s Office has won the 2019 Aftermath K-9 Grant.
Aftermath is a nationwide company that specializes in trauma cleaning and biohazard removal.
The Coos County Sheriff’s Office will receive a $5,000 grant that goes straight to their K-9 program after finishing in first place.
K-9 Odin and K-9 Raven beat out more than 50 agencies in the western region of the United States.
This is the first time an Oregon law enforcement agency has won in the contest’s 10-year history.
According to Aftermath’s website, over 484,000 total votes were cast.
- Coos County K-9s win national grant competition
- Local agencies compete in national K-9 grant competition
- Coos Bay seeking 'Safe Routes to School' grant
- Local rodeo star stuns at national competition
- Police investigating Coos County inmate's death
- One person killed in Coos County crash
- Coos County deputies search for burglary suspects
- Body of missing Coos County man found
- Lane County Sheriff's Office plans K-9 fundraiser
- K-9 Unleashed event happening Sunday