SALEM, Ore. (AP) - The Oregon Department of Corrections is asking for the public's help in finding an inmate who escaped from a Tillamook prison camp more than 30 years ago.
Corrections spokeswoman Betty Bernt says Leslie Charles Dawson, if still alive, is now 77 years old. He escaped in October 1986 while serving a lengthy sentence for raping a teenage girl in Linn County.
She says Dawson has a scar on his abdomen and connections to Los Angeles, New Orleans and Illinois. Crime Stoppers of Oregon is offering a cash reward for information that gets Dawson back in prison.
Anonymous tips can be called into 503-823-HELP (4357).
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press.)
- Corrections Department seeks inmate who escaped in 1986
- Inmate with ties to Lane County escapes correctional facility
- Department of Corrections inmate found sleeping at Roseburg High School
- Springfield police seek answers about Serbu escape
- Escaped inmate with ties to Lane County back in custody
- Escaped Marion County inmate found in home, arrested again
- Oregon jail inmates sentenced for stealing ATV to escape
- Girl escapes attempted abduction
- Lebanon family escapes house fire
- Burrito Brigade seeking volunteers