EUGENE, Ore. -- Firefighters in Corvallis are raising money to help fund cancer research.
The Corvallis Fire Stairclimb Team partnered with the Castor Club for a fundraiser Saturday night. Corvallis Fire Dept. Lt. Rob Yencopal said the restaurant closed for the night to host 75 people for the event. Also, Barley Brown’s Beer donated beverages.
The Corvallis team is made up of 22 firefighters, including some from Tangent Fire.
They said they'll be having more fundraisers this month.
Papa's Pizza will be hosting a fundraiser on Feb. 21st; they said to make sure to bring in the Corvallis Stairclimb Team flyer (click here). Another one will be held at the Red Robin in Abany on Feb. 24th. On Feb. 27th, there will be a fundraiser at University Hero.
- Corvallis Firefighters raise funds for blood cancer research
- Roseburg Firefighters raise funds for cancer research
- Local firefighters raise thousands to help fight blood cancer
- 'WILDLAND' documentary raising funds for firefighters' families
- Corvallis firefighters participate in structure burn training
- Firefighters take steps towards finding cancer cure
- Corvallis pharmacy burglarized, suspects sought
- Young boy drowns in Corvallis
- Blitzing the Preseason: Corvallis Spartans
- Corvallis expands bait bike program