CORVALLIS, Ore. - Corvallis city officials announced via Twitter on Tuesday that the Corvallis Police Department is one of two law enforcement agencies in Oregon to be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies.
This accreditation means the department has to maintain specific standards.
Things like improved crime prevention and strengthening accountability within the agency and the community.
The Washington County Sheriff's Office is the other accredited agency in the state.
According to the CALEA website, the Albany Police Department is currently working on its accreditation.
- Corvallis Police Department receives CALEA accreditation
- Corvallis Fire Department Structure Burn Set for Monday
- Salem police arrest man for Corvallis robbery
- Corvallis police searching for suspected ATM thief
- Police investigating after hatchet attack in Corvallis
- Corvallis pharmacy burglarized, suspects sought
- Young boy drowns in Corvallis
- Blitzing the Preseason: Corvallis Spartans
- Corvallis expands bait bike program
- Police: Corvallis man arrested for suffocating and kidnapping woman