CORVALLIS, Ore. -- A Corvallis couple were arrested Jan. 23, accused of mistreating and stealing from an elderly woman, the Benton County Sheriff's Office said.
Patricia Lynn Mayes, 55, and Kenneth Lee Mayes, 53, were lodged at the Benton County Jail and charged with first-degree criminal mistreatment and first-degree aggravated theft.
The Mayes were arrested after authorities found evidence that proved the couple exploited the woman for more than three years, the sheriff's office said. The arrest followed a five-month investigation.
The sheriff's office said Patricia met the victim while working as her caregiver at an in-home health care business in Corvallis. After Patricia left that business, authorities said she convinced the woman to hire her privately as an independent caregiver.
Patricia, Kenneth and Patricia's adult son moved into the victim's residence, where they lived for the past three years, the sheriff's office said.
If you have additional information, you are encouraged to call the sheriff’s office at 541-766-6774.
- Corvallis couple accused of mistreating, stealing from elderly woman
- Oregon woman accused of mistreating three children
- Roseburg man accused of assaulting elderly woman
- Former memory care facility employees accused of criminal mistreatment
- Woman accused of stealing $43,000 from grandmother
- Crash near Corvallis kills Albany woman
- Portland hotel fires 2 employees who 'mistreated' black man
- Woman accused of stealing ambulance, ramming patrol car in Roseburg
- Albany woman accused of stealing thousands from employer
- Corvallis student accused of making threat on social media