LA PINE, Ore. (AP) -- A Corvallis man was arrested for allegedly hitting a pedestrian in La Pine with his Lexus and fleeing the scene.
Deschutes County deputies responded at about 5:30 p.m. Saturday to a report of an accident involving a pedestrian near Day Road and Buena Vista Drive.
The Bend Bulletin reports the victim, who was hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries, said the driver hit him and fled.
Deputies learned the driver lived in La Pine. The vehicle, a 2000 Lexus RX3, was spotted at the boat ramp in La Pine State Park, and 38-year-old Jason Leonard Corona was arrested on charges that include attempted second-degree assault, felony hit and run and reckless endangerment.
The sheriff's office didn't identify the victim, a 30-year-old La Pine man.
It was not immediately clear if Corona has a lawyer.
- Corvallis man arrested after pedestrian struck in La Pine
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Corvallis
- Man arrested after robbery outside Corvallis ATM
- Salem police arrest man for Corvallis robbery
- Man arrested after shooting outside Corvallis Safeway
- Man arrested in connection with Corvallis fires
- Pedestrian struck and killed by train in Junction City
- Pedestrian struck by vehicle on Centennial Boulevard in Springfield
- 10 men arrested in Corvallis prostitution sting
- Police: Corvallis man arrested for suffocating and kidnapping woman