CORVALLIS, Ore. -- A member of the Corvallis School District board of education is under fire following a tweet in which they called police "bastards."
On Thursday, Brandy Fortson tweeted: "Hey kids, always remember that all cops are bastards."
Fortson also tweeted in support of sex workers, saying "Sex work is real work!" six times.
KEZI 9 News reporter Connor McCarthy spoke to parents today, who told him they are considering a recall effort against Fortson.
The Corvallis Police Department issued a statement, saying the tweet was brought to their attention Friday morning.
"The Corvallis Police Department supports an individual’s constitutional right to free speech, and the expression of their opinion. As such, we do not have a comment in regards to the Tweet, nor will be commenting in the future," the statement read.
The chairman of the school board, Sami Al-AbdRabbuh, and superintendent Ryan Noss released a statement saying that Fortson was not speaking for the board.
"The comments made by Director Fortson are not in alignment with the guiding principles set by the Board and do not represent the School District nor the School Board," the statement read.
- Corvallis school board member under fire for anti-police, sex tweet
- Corvallis School Board member officially resigns
- Corvallis school board to vote on member's resignation
- Corvallis school board accepts Brandy Fortson's resignation
- LCC Board member accused of sex abuse
- Police: Corvallis city councilor threatened to kill family member
- Springfield School Board discusses appointing new member
- Former LCC board member sentenced in sex abuse case
- City of Corvallis accidentally tweets about Game of Thrones
- LCC school board member up for re-election