CORVALLIS, Ore. – The city of Corvallis was selected out of 66 nationally recognized Tree City USA communities statewide as Tree City of the Year for 2019.
The Oregon Department of Forestry and Oregon Community Trees announced the award Thursday.
Each year ODF and OCT select a community in Oregon for their commitment to urban forests.
“People who live in Corvallis have a better quality of life because they live in a healthy, urban forest. We’re acknowledging the City of Corvallis with this award for the work it does to ensure its urban forests continue to provide those benefits long into the future,” OCT President Samantha Wolf said.
- Corvallis wins Oregon Tree City of the Year
- Corvallis city vote impacts affordable housing initiatives
- City of Corvallis hosts resource fair
- Oregon soccer opens year with exhibition win
- Cottage Grove celebrating 25 years as a Tree City USA
- Corvallis pharmacy burglarized, suspects sought
- Young boy drowns in Corvallis
- Blitzing the Preseason: Corvallis Spartans
- Corvallis expands bait bike program