COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. -- Cottage Grove is celebrating a big honor this weekend. They’re marking their 25th year as a Tree City USA.
Residents can help plant trees and set a commemorative plaque in Coiner Park during the event on Saturday, which is part of Cottage Grove’s Earth Day celebration.
Master Gardeners will be on hand to explain how to plant and maintain trees. They’ll also be kicking off a citywide street tree inventory project.
Activities begin at 8 a.m. at Coiner Park. There’ll be a nature walk, “trashion” show preview and more. The mayor will be presented with the Tree City USA award at 3 p.m.
- Cottage Grove celebrating 25 years as a Tree City USA
- Cottage Grove celebrates Earth Day
- Cottage Grove woman celebrates 100th birthday
- Cottage Grove armory sparks controversy
- Cottage Grove carousel wins award
- Missing Cottage Grove woman located
- Cottage Grove warming center needs volunteers
- Cottage Grove Police Search for Missing Man
- Federal investigation on Cottage Grove marijuana operation
- Car barrels into Cottage Grove home