SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Several people reported seeing a cougar near Dorris Ranch Wednesday morning, Springfield Animal Control said.
The sighting reportedly happened on the path between the ranch and Clearwater Park, about one mile east of Dorris Ranch.
The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife and Willamalane Park & Recreation District have been made aware of the situation.
Springfield Animal Control said precautions are being taken to warn those using the path.
Officials with ODFW said seeing cougars in the area is normal this time of year, and if you are out walking on a path in that area, you should make a lot of noise.
- Cougar spotted near Dorris Ranch in Springfield
- Cougar spotted in Springfield
- Bobcat caught on camera at Dorris Ranch
- Dorris Ranch Living History Village burglarized over the weekend
- Experts believe cougar spotted in Springfield has moved on
- Cougar sightings rise in Springfield
- Cougar spotted in Winston Thursday morning
- Another possible cougar sighting in Springfield
- Two new cougar sightings reported in Springfield
- Suspected cougar prints spotted at golf course in Eugene