NEAR HARRISBURG, Ore. -- The Linn County Sheriff's Office said a woman died in a crash near Harrisburg Saturday morning.
Deputies were called out to Diamond Hill Drive, near the intersection of Weatherford, at around 10 a.m.
They said 51-year-old Jamie Michelle Nephew drove off the roadway and hit a culvert. Deputies said that caused the SUV to go airborne for about 80 feet before landing and crashing into a field.
Deputies said Nephew died in the crash.
The passenger, Robert Earl Sims Jr., was transported to Riverbend with minor injuries.
Friends of Nephew say that she was loved far and wide.
Deputies said drugs may have played a part in the crash. The investigation is ongoing.
- Crash near Harrisburg kills one, sends another to the hospital
- Hwy 99 crash sends 2 to hospital
- Fiery crash sends one man to hospital
- Crash sends 2 to hospital in Lebanon
- Elementary student dies in Harrisburg
- Blitzing the Preseason: Harrisburg Eagles
- Two-A-Days: Harrisburg Eagles
- UPDATE: 4 Victims in Deadly Harrisburg Plane Crash Identified
- Semi-truck crash closes I-5 on-ramp near Harrisburg
- Oregon Duck football players visit Harrisburg teen injured in crash