DOUGLAS COUNTY, Ore. – Two people are dead after a head-on collision on Highway 38 east of Reedsport.
Oregon State Police troopers said Lisa Oswill, 48, of Tigard was driving Monday morning when she crossed the centerline and crashed into an SUV.
Oswill died and so did her passenger, Carly Renee Williams-Oswill, 21, of Wedderburn.
Two people in the SUV, Lacy Little Deer Santos, 37, and Kylee Louise Santos, 15, both suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries.
Highway 38 was closed for about three hours.
Police are still investigating the cause of the crash, but believe speed and icy roads were a factor.
- Crash on Highway 38 kills 2
- Log truck rolls over, killing driver on Highway 38 near Elkton
- UPDATE: One lane open after fatal crash, fuel spill on Highway 38
- One killed in crash on Highway 126
- Man killed in crash on Highway 126
- One person killed in Highway 99 crash south of Saginaw
- North Bend woman killed in crash on Highway 101
- Glide man killed in crash on Highway 138 East
- Crash on Highway 99 kills two in Junction City
- Two-vehicle crash kills Albany woman on Highway 20