EUGENE, Ore. -- An out-of-control car sheered a power pole before flipping in south Eugene, sending the area into a widescale blackout.
This happened just after 4:30 p.m. at Willamette Street and 29th Avenue.
The crash closed Willamette Street in both directions for nearly an hour.
The condition of the driver is not known, but witnesses say she was out of the car and talking.
EWEB was able to reroute some power and restore electricity to some areas. But the power pole must be removed and replaced before full power can be restored.
- Crashed car causes blackout in south Eugene
- Car crashes into Amazon Creek in Eugene
- Drivers injured after car crash in Eugene
- Witnesses sought to Sunday crash south of Eugene
- Driver runs away after crash in south Eugene
- Eugene car fires considered arson
- Second Eugene police car involved in crash Thursday
- Power restored in Eugene after car crash causes outages
- Two-car crash shuts down intersection in west Eugene
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Car crashes into tree in Eugene