CRESWELL, Ore -- A fire swept through a rural home south of Creswell this evening, outpacing firefighters and leaving three residents without a place to live.
The house, in the 82000 block of Hillview Drive, caught fire just after 7:30 p.m.
Dozens of firefighters rushed to the scene and tried to save the home, but the flames were too hot.
KEZI 9 News spoke with one of the victims, who said her son was home when the flames broke out. He told her the fire started in a bathroom ceiling fan.
“We just moved here a couple of months ago, and I still had all the pictures of my kids in my trunk and I had just took those out last night and hung them all up,” Ginger Ramirez said. “I'm pretty sad that I lost everything, you know what i mean? Like, that's all we have."
Ramirez said her son was the only one home at the time, and he escaped without injuries.
The Red Cross said it is assisting the family.
- Creswell fire leaves 3 homeless
- Creswell fire damages offices
- Fire in Springfield leaves one man homeless
- Creswell lumber warehouse fire considered suspicious
- Creswell motel catches fire; 10 people evacuated
- Flames tear through Creswell barn
- Blitzing the Preseason: Creswell Bulldogs
- UPDATE: Second fire at Creswell motel linked to first fire
- Deputies: 3 teens arrested for starting multiple fires in Creswell
- Several crews respond to a large structure fire in Creswell