CRESWELL, Ore. -- While most kids are spending these hot August days having lemonade stands, Summer Bell of Creswell has another idea.
She is having a car wash to raise money to purchase a prosthetic leg for her father, Doug.
Doug Bell had the entire bottom part of his leg amputated recently as the result of an infection, and due to the high cost of a prosthetic, has been unable to walk ever since.
His daughter Summer has taken action in raising money for her dad and is hosting a car wash on Aug. 18 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The event will be at Point S Tire & Auto Service in Creswell.
- Creswell girl raising money for dad's prosthetic leg
- Creswell girl raises $4,500 for dad's prosthetic leg
- Creswell fire damages offices
- Creswell fire leaves 3 homeless
- Flames tear through Creswell barn
- Blitzing the Preseason: Creswell Bulldogs
- Man hospitalized following Creswell shooting
- Two-A-Days: Creswell Bulldogs
- Creswell lumber warehouse fire considered suspicious
- Unofficial voter pamphlets spark controversy in Creswell