CRESWELL, Ore. – Fire crews worked to extinguish a second fire at the Super 8 Motel early Saturday morning. Division Chief Aaron Smith says the two fires are related.
The call came in around 1:45 a.m. This is the same motel that caught fire late Thursday night and displaced 10 people.
Kristina Pierce, a Creswell resident who lives right across the street from the motel, said she heard the sirens early Saturday morning. She said when she walked outside to see what was going on, she could see flames coming from the building.
“It sent chills down my spine because it makes you wonder why this is happening and how it's happening,” Pierce said.
Fire officials said the fire Thursday night appeared to be an electrical fire that started by a fan control timer.
Smith says the second fire was caused by embers that were hidden in the insulation from the previous fire.
He says they were able to get the second fire out quickly. This motel has been closed since the original fire happened, so no one was evacuated Saturday morning.
Smith says this motel is closed indefinitely and the investigation is complete.
- UPDATE: Second fire at Creswell motel linked to first fire
- Creswell motel catches fire; 10 people evacuated
- Creswell fire damages offices
- Creswell fire leaves 3 homeless
- Creswell lumber warehouse fire considered suspicious
- Woman sentenced for starting Newport motel fire
- Deputies: 3 teens arrested for starting multiple fires in Creswell
- Several crews respond to a large structure fire in Creswell
- Woman wearing tutu alerts neighbors to ditch fire in Creswell
- Fires break out along I-5 near Creswell, Cottage Grove