EUGENE, Ore. -- Charlemagne Elementary School students were evacuated Thursday morning after officials thought there was a gas leak.
Eugene Springfield Fire responded around 8:20 a.m. and evacuated all teachers and students as a precaution.
Shortly after, crews gave everyone the all clear. There was no gas leak – just an odor.
Parent Erin Marie Langsdorf was dropping her son off when this happened, and she said she was pleased with how the situation was handled.
“I’m really impressed by the staff’s ability to handle the situation calmly and quickly,” Langsdorf said. “And their management of the children was really impressive. I feel really good. I feel like it’s all clear and okay. My child is in school, and it’s going to be a good day.”
Students were back in class by around 9 a.m.