JUNCTION CITY, Ore. -- Firefighters responded to multiple reports of an explosion early Monday morning at Highway 99 and West 7th Avenue.
Crews responded shortly after 1 a.m. to a commercial building on fire. The building was unoccupied at the time. Officials said the damage to the building was substantial, but they have not yet determined the total cost of damage. No other buildings in the area were damaged.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation. Officials said this is being considered a suspicious fire.
Drivers should expect roads in the area to be closed for most of the day as the investigation continues.
- Crews respond to explosive fire in Junction City
- Fire crews respond to wood pile fire at mill in Junction City
- Family survives house fire in Junction City
- Junction City firefighters battle "challenging" industrial fire
- Crews respond to fire at Springfield Albertsons
- Fire suppression systems installed in Junction City patrol cars
- Junction City student arrested over picture
- Junction City Police investigate "swatting" incident
- 2018 Scandinavian festival coming to Junction City
- Junction City Firefighter's sell "Aebleskivers" during Festival