WALTON, Ore. – Drivers traveling along OR 126 W Florence-Eugene Highway west of Walton should expect delays beginning Monday.
Crews from the Oregon Department of Transportation are set to begin work to add a westbound passing lane between Walker Creek and Chickahominy Creek.
Drivers should expect delays Monday through Thursday between 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Additionally, crews plan to work at times on Friday mornings between 8 a.m. and noon.
ODOT said there will be no lane closures at night or on weekends.
In addition to adding a passing lane and rumble strips, the $5 million project will also replace a large pipe under the highway.
The project is scheduled to be completed by the end of September.
- Crews set to begin roadwork near Walton on OR 126
- Crash near Walton closes Highway 126
- Fire burns through Walton home
- Man accused of stabbing woman in Walton
- Walton stabbing victim shares story of survival
- Log truck rolls over near Walton
- Man killed in crash on Highway 126
- Highway 126 closed after multiple collisions
- One killed in crash on Highway 126
- Walton man credited with saving woman's life during stabbing