Photo Gallery 3 Images
NEWPORT, Ore. -- Fire destroyed a vacant house in the 600 block of NW Nye Street Thursday morning.
Fire crews arrived to find the back half of the home on fire. They said they let the building burn down due to its already dilapidated state.
The Newport Fire Department was helped by the Toledo Fire Department, and Depoe Bay Fire District. The Newport Police Department, Newport Public Works, Office of the State Fire Marshal, Pacific West Ambulance and Central Lincoln PUD also helped. Newport Fire Department responded with two fire engines, one rescue, two chief officers and 16 firefighters.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
The Newport Fire Department reminds everyone to test your smoke detectors regularly and have a home escape plan.
- Fire destroys vacant house in Newport
- Fire destroys Newport house, sends one to hospital
- Crews investigate vacant house fire in Lebanon
- Eugene house destroyed by fire
- Woman sentenced for starting Newport motel fire
- Guest critically injured in Newport hotel fire
- Vacant home catches fire overnight in Lebanon
- Roseburg Fire trains at vacant Safeway building
- Man arrested in Newport shooting
- Fire destroyed house in Coos Bay Sunday