OAKRIDGE, Ore. -- The District Attorney's Office ruled that a woman was defending herself when she fatally shot her half-brother.
On Dec. 23, 2017, police were called out to the 47000 block of Teller Road after reports of a shooting.
Arriving officers found Justin Ryan, 45, suffering from a gunshot wound. He died at the scene.
Angela Slabaugh, 36, and two others were detained for questioning.
Witnesses told police, Ryan forced his way through the front door and walked towards Slabaugh with his arms raised and outstretched like he was going to choke her. Slabaugh fired a .45 caliber gun at Ryan, police said, as she feared for her life.
Slabaugh did have a valid concealed handgun permit and acted in self-defense, according to the DA's office.
- DA: Woman acted in self-defense when she fatally shot half-brother
- DA: Bend mom who shot disabled son tried overdose
- Boy, 17, fatally shot in Salem
- Man found fatally shot in Keizer home
- Woman who fatally shot friend sentenced to 100 days in jail
- Woman accused of running brother over in parking lot
- Grand jury clears Gresham officers who fatally shot suspect
- Oregon police identify two Cave Junction men fatally shot
- Officer who fatally shot Oregon Standoff leader named in court
- Cougar fatally shot after killing sheep near Bend