Albany, Ore. -- Nearly two dozen firefighters and police officers helped rescue a woman dangling from an Albany bridge on Thursday.
This happened in the early morning hours beneath the Bryant Way Bridge.
Police say they talked to the woman for about an hour while she hung about 50 feet over the Calapooia River.
An Albany firefighter was eventually lowered to the woman's level, where he was able to attach a harness and lift her to safety.
The woman, 47, was checked for injuries and then by police.
- Dangling woman rescued over Calapooia River
- Swimmer rescued from Willamette River
- Man rescued from McKenzie River
- Deputy jumps into Willamette River to rescue woman
- Firefighters rescue colt from Mohawk River
- Firefighters rescue young kayakers in McKenzie River
- Water rescue crews warn of river hazards
- Off-duty firefighter rescues man in Willamette River
- UPDATE: Boy, 4, still alive after McKenzie River rescue
- 2 rescued by helicopter from Coos River jetty