EUGENE, Ore. -- Crews have taken down the historic Hayward Field sign above the main entrance as demolition continues.
A chain-link fence now surrounds the stadium, parking is being impacted on Agate Street and crews have also started to remove light fixtures near the east grandstand.
Some in the community are against the changes, saying the proposed design isn’t fan-friendly and they want to save the east grandstand.
A University of Oregon spokesman says they plan to salvage as much material as they can to use in the new stadium.
The new stadium is expected to be completed in 2020.
- Historic Hayward Field sign taken down
- Crews demolish Hayward Field's historic East Grandstand
- Hayward Field Construction Closures
- Crews start dismantling Hayward Field
- UO announces massive renovation to Hayward Field
- Community reacts to Hayward Field renovation plans
- Board of Commissioners supports Hayward Field renovations
- Tinker Hatfield criticizes Hayward Field plans
- Community reacts to Hayward Field demolition
- Design changes unveiled for Hayward Field