JUNCTION CITY, Ore. -- When authorities tried to pull over a man who was driving a stolen Ford F350 truck Thursday morning, he took off, leading them on a chase for more than 10 miles, the Lane County Sheriff's Office said.
They said it started on Highway 99 near Milliron. They pursued the driver southbound on the highway onto Greenhill, Clearlake and Lawrence roads before the suspect got out and ran on Dalewood Drive.
They said during the pursuit, 34-year-old Keith Newsome rammed their patrol vehicles and deputies fired at the truck.
No one was hurt. The driver was taken into custody.
The Interagency Deadly Force Investigations Team will investigate.
- Lane County deputies fire at driver accused of stealing car
- Arrested Marion County deputy accused of stealing shotguns
- Lane County Sheriff's Office deputy accused of rape.
- Former Lane County deputy accused of raping another woman
- Lane County deputy shoots, kills suspect
- Lane County deputy resigns amid misconduct investigation
- Lane County deputy on leave pending investigations
- Lane County deputy fired after new sex abuse charges filed
- Lane County awarded drivers education grant
- South Lane bus driver accused of raping teenager