WHITE CITY, Ore. -- Detectives are investigating an officer-involved shooting in Southern Oregon.
Deputies with the Jackson County Sheriff's Office said the shooting happened at the Southern Oregon Rehabilitation Center & Clinics in White City.
They said VA police were called out to Building 201 for a "combative patient" in the admissions area. Deputies said a gun went off during an altercation between the man and VA police officers.
The man was flown to Rogue Regional Medical Center with a gunshot wound. Deputies said his injuries are not life-threatening. His identity has not been released.
The facility was placed on lockdown and appointments were canceled.
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office is leading the investigation. Oregon State Police, the Medford Department, the Ashland Police Department, the Jackson County District Attorney's Office are assisting.
- Deputies investigate shooting at VA center in Southern Oregon
- Linn County Deputies investigate school shooting threat
- Governor's choice to lead Oregon's VA withdraws
- Oregon deputies cleared for shooting man who killed family
- Deputies investigate death in Glendale
- Deputies investigate murder in Tenmile
- Deputies investigating death in Lebanon
- Roseburg VA director resigns
- Southern Oregon salmon fishing in jeopardy
- Southern Oregon coast reopens for crabbing season