LANE COUNTY, Ore. -- Over the past three weeks, Lane County deputies have responded to three separate heroin-related shootings.
Two people are in custody in connection with the most recent shooting, but authorities are continuing their search for two others.
Suspects Samuel Ferguson, 34, and Jazmine Sherman, 24, of Cottage Grove were arrested after an alleged shooting Aug. 9 during a heroin sale at Sailor Pioneer Cemetery in Noti. Authorities said Sherman’s 19-month-old child was in the backseat of the vehicle at the time.
Meanwhile, the suspect in a shooting at Ponderosa Mobile Village in Glenwood on July 18 has yet to be found. T
he sheriff’s office said two men entered a home and shots were fired during a heroin sale. A 31-year-old man was injured. Juan Israel Hernandez-Burboa, 20, of Eugene is a suspect in that shooting.
Juan Israel Hernandez-Burboa
Deputies said they are also continuing to look for Gene Manuel Joseph, 35, who is a suspect in a shooting on the Coast. They said on July 29, a 32-year-old man was shot in a dispute over a large amount of heroin believed to have been stolen from Joseph.
Gene Manuel Joseph
If you see Hernandez-Burboa or Joseph, authorities said you should avoid contact as they are considered armed and dangerous.
- Deputies investigating three heroin-related shootings in Lane County
- Heroin-related overdoses continue to rise in Lane County
- Lane County deputy on leave pending investigations
- Lane County deputy resigns amid misconduct investigation
- Lane County deputy shoots, kills suspect
- Lane County deputies search for shooting suspect
- Linn County Deputies investigate school shooting threat
- Deputies investigate inmate death at Lane County Jail
- Heroin overdose count continues to rise in Lane County
- Former drug addict weighs in on recent heroin-related overdoses