Photo Gallery 3 Images
UPDATE: Both men have been found and are safe. Deputies said their vehicle suffered a mechanical malfunction, but they were able to get help from another driver.
EUGENE, Ore. – The Lane County Sheriff’s Office needs help finding two missing hunters who were last seen in Eugene Thursday morning.
Deputies said James Maroon, 19, and Jeffrey Richey, 48, went into woods, possibly to go to turkey hunting, around 8:30 a.m.
The exact location of where they were going isn’t know.
Deputies said Maroon is developmentally disabled and Richey is his care provider.
Family reported them missing shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday when they didn’t return home as planned.
They are travelling in a gray 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee, with the license plate XDB 290. Deputies said Richey has extensive knowledge of how to survive in the wilderness, and they likely have food and water with them.
Maroon is 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighs 160 pounds and wears glasses. He has brown hair and brown eyes and was last seen wearing blue jeans, a black sweatshirt, a brown jacket and camouflage boots.
Richey is five feet nine inches tall, weighs 200 pounds and is bald with blue eyes. Deputies said he has his dog with him.
- UPDATE: Missing hunters found safe
- Missing Marcola man found safe
- Missing Springfield man found safe
- 34-year-old missing man found safe
- Missing Port Orford man found safe
- Roseburg woman reported missing is found safe
- 71-year-old missing hikers found safe
- Missing 14-year-old found safe in Springfield
- UPDATE: Missing teenager found unharmed
- Search for missing duck hunter suspended