KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. -- Klamath Falls Major Crimes detectives arrested a married couple wanted by the state of Texas for parole violations and failing to register as sex offenders.
At about 8 a.m. Monday, the detectives received information regarding the couple, Shawn Monroe Cowan, 43, and Rachel Ann Guttry, 46, from Beaumont, Texas. They were living in a rural wooded area outside of Bonanza and using false identities, according to a news release from the Oregon State Police.
Cowan was listed as one of the top 10 wanted sex offenders in Texas.
The two were taken into custody without incident Tuesday. During the arrest, an OSP aircraft assisted with surveillance on the wooded area. The U.S. Marshal Service and the Klamath County Sheriff’s Office assisted OSP.
- Klamath Falls detectives arrest Texas sex offenders
- Registered sex offender arrested Tuesday on sex abuse charges
- High-risk sex offender arrested in Douglas County
- Deputies: Predatory sex offender back in custody
- Community members concerned after sex offender released
- Police investigating deadly shooting in Klamath Falls
- Authorities warn of sex offender released back into the public
- Salem sex offender gets 5 years in prison
- Convicted sex offender indicted in death, kidnapping of elderly woman
- Police identify girls on same EmX bus as sex offender