Photo Gallery 6 Images
Sunshine Mills is recalling several varieties of dog food it manufactures, because they may contain elevated levels of Vitamin D.
Affected brands include Evolve Puppy, Sportsman's Pride Large Breed Puppy and Triumph Chicken and Rice Dog Food.
The bags have a best buy date of November 1, 2017 through November 8, 2019.
These products were distributed nationwide.
Too much Vitamin D can lead to kidney failure in dogs. Symptoms include vomiting, loss of appetite, increased thirst and increased urination.
For a full list of the recalled dog food varieties on the Food and Drug administrations website, click here.
Or if you have questions, you can call Sunshine Mills Customer Service at 1-800-705-2111.
Photos courtesy of the FDA.
- Dog food brands recalled over high levels of vitamin D
- High bacteria levels trigger advisory for Sunset Bay beach
- Cannon Beach under advisory after high bacteria levels found
- Coconut Smiles Organic Recall
- Smoke alarm recall
- Dog food withdrawn from stores after euthanasia drug found in food
- Brand new Bottle Drop Center has officially opened in Roseburg
- Toys 'R' Us brand may be brought back to life
- Gymboree's second bankruptcy will kill the brand
- Tyson Foods recalls more than 36,000 pounds of chicken nuggets after possible rubber contamination