DOUGLAS COUNTY, Ore. – Douglas County Public Health Officer Bob Dannenhoffer is one of eight who make up the state’s COVID-19 Medical Advisory Panel.
The panel met for the first time on Tuesday to discuss the status of the pandemic and make recommendations to Gov. Kate Brown.
Brown said she brought together experts from around the state to serve on the panel in hopes of covering the crisis “from every possible angle.”
Dannenhoffer said it's an honor to advise the governor during this time.
“I think Oregon is doing OK with this, but we’re still worried that if we relax restrictions too soon, it could roar back," said Dannenhoffer.
The panel is set to meet twice a week.
Below are the other members:
- Renee Edwards, MD – Chief Medical Officer, OHSU
- Robert Pelz, MD – Infectious Disease & Critical Care, PeaceHealth
- Paul Lewis, MD, MPH – Pediatric Infectious Disease, Kaiser Permanente Northwest and OHSU
- Bruce Goldberg, MD – Family Medicine, OHSU-PSU School of Public Health
- Susan King, MS, RN, CEN, FAAN – former Executive Director Oregon Nurses Association, ER RN Staff Nurse
- Louis D’Avignon, MD – Pulmonology & Critical Care, St. Charles Health System and Summit Medical Group of Oregon
- Dana Hargunani, MD – Chief Medical Officer, OHA