ROSEBURG, Ore. (AP) -- Douglas County authorities are calling off a days-long search for a Mt. Angel man who went missing after his car broke down in the Umpqua National Forest, in rural southwestern Oregon.
Thirty-year-old Jeffery Vance was reported missing on Feb. 4 by his friend, who last saw him after they abandoned the car near Clearwater to start walking and became separated.
Heavy snow in the area has hampered the search effort.
The 2008 Chevy Colorado pickup truck the two men left behind was found on Feb. 6.
Vance was last seen wearing blue or black rain gear, a backpack, a dark-colored stocking hat and boots.
He's 300 pounds and about six feet tall.
- Douglas County officials call off search for Mt. Angel man
- Missing Mt. Angel man found dead near Toketee
- Flu season has officially hit Douglas County
- Man killed in Douglas County logging accident
- Douglas County Sheriff's Office seeking Search and Rescue volunteers
- Troopers search for bald eagle killer in Douglas County
- Douglas County Health officials investigating possible measles cases
- Douglas County ends recycling services
- Gunfire exchanged in Douglas County
- Man brings gun into the Douglas County Justice Building