EUGENE, Ore. -- The new smoking ban in downtown Eugene takes effect Friday.
Last month, the Eugene City Council approved the new law for a 12-block downtown core.
Smoking will be illegal in downtown plazas, sidewalks and alleys.
Businesses can opt out of the smoking ban by applying to the city manager, Jon Ruiz, for an exemption.
Alternatively, businesses outside the downtown can apply to opt into the ban.
- Downtown Eugene smoking ban takes effect Friday
- Tougher smoking ban passes for downtown Eugene
- City evaluates effectiveness of downtown dog ban
- No-smoking zone expands in downtown Eugene
- Property owners mull Eugene smoking ban participation
- Eugene City Council looks into expanding no-smoking zone downtown
- Single-use plastic bag ban takes effect January 1
- Downtown Eugene survey closes soon
- Businesses take action against homeless camp in downtown Eugene
- Businesses weigh in on more smoke-free zones in downtown Eugene