SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Springfield Police said a driver suffered a medical emergency on Friday, and hit a bicyclist before crashing into a tree.
Officers said it happened at around 12:45 in the afternoon, near South A and 15th Street. They said the driver had a seizure.
Eugene Springfield Fire extricated the driver from the vehicle and he was taken to a nearby hospital. Police said he was injured, with at least a broken arm.
They said the bicyclist was also taken to the hospital with a broken foot.
Police estimate that the car was going about 40 miles per hour when it hit the bicyclist. Both the driver and bicyclist's injuries are not life threatening. Officers said both are lucky, saying the injuries could have been a lot worse.
- Driver and bicyclist injured in crash following medical emergency
- OSP identifies drivers, bicyclist in crash north of Springfield
- Bicyclist recovering after riding into driver's path
- Police identify bicyclist killed in Eugene crash
- Salem bicyclist dies after car crash
- Bicyclist escapes car crash with minor injuries
- Drivers injured after car crash in Eugene
- Medical emergency may have caused Lincoln City crash
- Medical center opens new emergency department
- Bicyclist in the hospital after crash involving pickup truck